The Butrint National Park
The archaeological site of Butrint is located within the Butrint National Park. The importance of Butrint to Albania’s cultural heritage was first recognised in 1948 when it became a “site of historical importance.”
In 1992 Butrint was designated as a World Heritage Site – a status that identifies cultural and natural sites of outstanding universal value.
The National Park was established in 2000 affording Butrint full protection within Albanian Law. The original 26 sq km of the park boundaries were in 2005 expanded to 86 sq km.
The Park Director, Raimond Kola and the Butrint National Park staff can be contacted by phone on +355 852 4600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org